Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This is The Aggregate Cyclist

Aggregate: [adj.,n. ag-ri-git] formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined.

I'm a cyclist. Riding was my first mode of transportation, my first bit of independence. Today I train and race. It has become a the center of a large community of friends, many of which I now consider family.

I'm a numbers person. I'm lucky in this respect as the genetic lottery which is life dictates particulars that I need to monitor. I love looking at the chaos of raw data to discern a pattern or find a subtle trend.

I'm a lover of good food, especially when it's something my wife has made. I never ceased to be amazed at the magic she creates from what seems to be the most mundane of ingredients. As always, good food requires a good beverage. Beers, wines, sake, and mixed drinks all have a special place in my heart.

These are just some of the particulars which make up the collection that is me.

This is The Aggregate Cyclist.

No comments: